Sunday, May 31, 2009

We're done with diapers! Well, at least one kid is....

On Monday we started potty training. I wasn't necessarily planing on starting it then, but that morning, Carter really didn't want to wear pants, so I figured we might as well give it a try.
I kept him naked the whole day and he only had two accidents! And he pooped on the potty three times that day!
The next day we even left the house (with pants on, mind you) to celebrate Charlie's 3rd birthday for a few hours! He only had once accident that day (and it was at home later, not at the birthday!)
He's been doing so great so far, and I'm absolutely shocked this hasn't been harder than it is. I had been preparing for potty training like it was the Apocalypse (you know, shelter, extra food and water, a radio and my Bible in hand!?)
He's been telling us he has to go, we're able to leave the house when we want (as long as we remember to take him before we leave and when we get there) and the most accidents he's had in one day is 3!
Today he had none!
I know that nighttime potty training is a whole different ballgame and we're not even attempting to tackle that. He wears a pull up at nap time and bedtime and that's it.
And I think I'll break my "no pull ups while awake" rule for my upcoming trip to the states, but that's it.
I couldn't be more proud of this guy. He's getting so big!

2 comments:

Erin Stevens said...

That is GREAT news!!! I'm so glad it's been easy for you. I think it should be pretty easy with Saff too and I'm in no rush which makes things a lot easier.

The World According to Uncle D said...

Good for Carter. If you are this proud of him now, wait until his first solo.