Vivian,
You turned one month old yesterday! When I look at you everyday, I still think about you being a newborn. But just in the last week I've noticed you change a lot. It makes me happy that you are growing and thriving, but very, very sad that you are 1 month away from the day you were born.
You've outgrown your first set of newborn clothes, but are still not quite ready for 0-3 months. You're very long and skinny, just like your brothers were. You have a closet full of things I cannot wait for you to fit into!
You are very alert and stay awake for up to an hour or so at a time now! You focus on things and try to lift your head.
I stood on the bathroom scale with you last week (or the week before - heck who knows, with three kids I don't even know what month it is most of the time) and you weighed exactly 9 pounds. You have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning, so we'll know for sure how much you weigh then.
Speaking of doctors appointments, we're pretty sure you have the same foul reflux that plagued both of your older brothers. We have been probably over cautious with you since we've seen what undiagnosed GERD did to Clay.
I'm sure you will feel much better tomorrow with some Zantac in your tummy.
You are a pretty good baby, you cry a little more than Clay, but nowhere near as much as Carter. You like to nurse and have required NO SUPPLEMENTS. I am growing you all on my own.
Which, until you're a mother one day, you won't understand the joy that brings me. But trust me, it's awesome to know I grew you...and still am. I am growing a little perfect human being.
Your brothers love you very much, a little too much most of the time, and want to be in your face all of the time.
You haven't quite taken to the binky, but I am still trying. You did have your first bottle of pumped breast milk this weekend which was a success!
You've had quite the array of visitors coming to see you. Both sets of grandparents, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Rich and Angie and their girls, and Daddy's friend "Chicken" is coming to see you next week!
You will also go to Disneyland for the first time in about two weeks for the SETP conference. I'm sure you'll love it.
You're such a blessing and I love you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment