Monday, September 19, 2011

Cruise


Cory and I traveled the Eastern Caribbean last week while the in laws stayed with the kiddos. It was WONDERFUL. I can't even begin to tell you what a difference a week makes when you're caught on the stay-at-home mom cycle. Ahhhh, I'm a renewed woman.
We spent quite a lot of time laying on the deck reading (I finished 3 books) but did two excursions off the boat. It was so nice to sleep in and have my food prepared and cleaned up by other people. Other than our Dolphin encounter in the Bahamas, my favorite day on the boat was the day I got up twice from my lounge chair. Once to eat a burrito and once to pee. It was magnificent.

Our first day was spent at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. We were able to swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Cay. They have 30 some odd dolphins there and we swam with approximately 4 of them. We weren't allowed to use our own cameras during the 'experience', but were able to purchase some. I'll post those on a later blog. It was a very cool experience to hug, dance, kiss and be pushed across the water by the dolphins.
Part of Dolphin Cay at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas

Atlantis

The Carnival Dream

View from the top of the ship as we're leaving the Bahamas

A giraffe? Maybe a Llama...

Our second stop was St. Thomas. We took a cab to the famous Meagan's Bay. It was pretty cloudy and a thunderstorm took over a few hours after we were there but, a good day nonetheless.
No problem, y'all were creeping me out anyway.

Meagan's Bay, St. Thomas

St. Thomas

These boats are ginormous, y'all.

My guess was an elephant, until Cory reminded me it didn't have a trunk.

Our only other excursion was on a 'booze cruise' in St. Maarten. We snorkeled, watched as the young 20 somethings did flips off the bow of the boat, and most importantly, floated in the water with a life preserver full of rum punch.
Our booze cruise on the catamaran. St. Maarten

Needless to say, our photography skills are lacking after free rum and punch.

St. Maarten

Our friend on the booze cruise. Trust me, easiest way to make friends.ever.

This one kind of disturbs me.

Lido deck

Water Slide!

Aft


During the cruise, I kept thinking, oh my gosh, I have got to write this down so I can write a blog about it...but alas, that never happened. Most of it was snippets of crazy conversations we heard, drunk people in the casino and all the old ladies who got their [short permed] hair braided in St. Thomas.



No comments: