Sunday, January 8, 2012

National Lampoon's Disney Vacation

Our Christmas present from the in laws was a family trip to Disney. Cory's parents rented a house in Kissimee FL, and we spent 4 days at each of the Disney parks and one day at Universal Studios. It was pure insanity. With 6 kids ranging from 1 to 9 and 12 people total we visited the happiest place on Earth on the busiest week of the year. Really, it was a recipe for chaos from the get-go. There was lots of crying and whining. Lots of eating, lots of souvenirs, lots of standing around deciding what to do, lots of hours spent in the bathroom, lots of diaper changes, clothes changes and mind changes. Lots of sticky fingers, baby wipes and scraped knees. There was not a lot of: sleeping. I. am. still. tired.


The Tree of Life  at Animal Kingdom

Carter was fascinated by his cousin's iTouch

At the beginning of each day as the alarm went off, I could only hope that all the children had accidentally been eaten by sharks. Alas, we were not this lucky.  

Carter and Trey driving at Epcot


The whole crew. (Minus my BIL who is taking the picture)

We took the kids to Jurassic Park in hopes maybe a dinosaur would eat them...no such luck.

In other news, Vivian is still very bald.

In other, other news: Rice Krispy treats are dairy free.

Carter came home with three different hats.


The first day we were at Magic Kingdom, it was at capacity. That's like...eleventy billion people in case you were wondering.

We did a lot of this: Standing around trying to figure out what to do next.


The 'big kids' in line for Thunder Railroad.

Clay = Eeyore

Viv loved Kali


I'm hoping in 10 years we can come back and re create this picture. Perfect, huh?



**I had more pictures, but BOTH of our computers have had  awful viruses and they totally wiped my SD card. My camera can't even read it now. Uggh. Lucky for me these are my BIL's pictures that he let me steal. Thanks Chuck!

2 comments:

Anna said...

sorry about that bad luck with both the sharks and the dinosaurs; that SUCKS. Seriously, what the hell? Where are the ravenous carnivores when you need them? The rat bastards will probably show up when all those sweet children are holding hands, singing joyful hymns and bringing you margaritas in bed while unicorns dance and golden monkeys swing from the chandeliers. At least, that's the sort of luck I have. Also, can I just say that you are a very brave woman and I love you? That's not the wine talking, either.

Our Traveling Circus said...

I agree, you are very brave! Animal Kingdom is literally stroller hell on a normal day, I can't even imagine it during the Christmas holidays. I'm very envious, I have been mentally planning a huge family trip to Disney since we left the US. Sadly, the Argentines haven't caught on to the fact that such clean, efficient and happy place exists. (That's why probably half of those eleventy billion were probably Argentines--they go there in hoards for Christmas (our summer break) for their Quincineras!)