Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cops

They LOVE me. I mean, they just can't seem to get enough! Pull me over for no reason? Sure! Pull me over for going 3 over? Why not?! How about because my gas tank is open? Absolutely. I must give off some irresistible cop pheromone. If I am driving within a 3 miles radius of a squad car, it is GOING TO PULL ME OVER.

Any of you that have been reading my blog for any length of time remember when this happened. But, sadly my friends, this is not the only moving violation in my history, or even that year. Actually, after my license was suspended in May of 2010, I got another speeding ticket (for 7 over, mind you) in Palmdale right before TPS graduation (7 months later). Thank God it wasn't on base, because I'm pretty sure they would have sent me to base jail.

Luckily, we moved to Florida shortly thereafter  and I had a 'clean slate'! No worries though, as I'm driving through Mississippi to visit family, I got a nice speeding ticket there too (for going 6 over). I also got pulled over twice in FL. One because my gas tank was open, and once because my decal for my Texas registration was expired. Nevermind I had fully valid FL registration and just had forgotten to take the TX sticker off. I can be proud to say I DID NOT get an actual ticket in FL!

On Monday I got pulled over right in front of Carter's school after I had picked him up. And they did something they've never done before, they gave me a warning! I was so relieved, because I was sure that when they pulled up who I was that there were probably sirens and flashing lights and their computer exploded from all my 'violations'. And that I was going to base jail. Great, Cory will be super happy getting a phone call from security forces telling him that he needs to bail his wife out of jail.
I actually was completely shocked that they gave me a warning because technically I was speeding, and the insurance card I was carrying was expired. Yay. me. 

 I do not speed more or anymore often than other people (including Cory). I am never the one speeding through traffic, passing other cars. In fact it drives Cory crazy that I hang out in the right lane behind trucks quite often. I get passed by OTHER cars more often than not. But as soon as my speedometer reads any more that 3 miles over the limit, an alarm must go off inside all the squad cars in the area and I get pulled over.  I get pulled over for following traffic. And I am not the only person who doesn't print out their USAA insurance card as soon as the last one expires. In fact, now that I think of it, Cory is a perfect example. We probably drive about the same speed and have the same forgetful habits when it comes to our insurance card. But he has NEVER been pulled over since I've known him. This proves that I am not a delinquent but purely UNLUCKY. Cops always find me, and they always find a reason to pull me over. 
In college I was pulled over in Louisiana and questioned about my drug use and where I was headed (Note: my drug use was/is: none) But it was everything I could do to convince the officer of that. Sorry officer, but my story about returning from Christmas break back to an all women's university really is true! I got 3 speeding tickets in the ONE year I attended college. One was legit, and I deserved a ticket. The other two were for less than 7 miles over the speed limit.

No one can say I haven't contributed to CA's debt crisis. I'm probably the only one keeping this state afloat!














5 comments:

Deborah said...

I got pulled over on my way to visit Sarah in San Diego because I was speeding to get to a Cracker Barrel to go pee! (my parents trained me that it is the only safe place to go to the bathroom on road trips) Luckily the cop believed me and just gave me a warning!

Mom said...

I think I recall you getting pulled over somewhere in Lousianna, driving my car with me and baby Carter in the back seat. Your sad "my husband is deployed to Afganistan" got you off with a warning that time. Smart move to hand him your military ID with you DL.

Lauren said...

I totally forgot about that mom, you're right! Ugh. See, I've been pulled over so many times, I don't even remember all of them!

sarah said...

There was also the time we were going to visit cory in GA. we were going WAY over the speed limit and I could not stop laughing when we got pull over

Lauren said...

Yeah, but if I was worthy of ANY ticket, it was that one. And I didn't even get one. Remember after he took my info how he ran up to the car, threw my license back at me and said, "Today's your lucky day!" And then sped away at like 100 miles an hour. Someone's delinquency saved my butt that day. That would have been an EXPENSIVE ticket.