My birthday was actually a few weeks ago and my parents, in laws and husband all gave me great gifts. Gift cards! I actually LOVE gift cards. I am indecisive and hard to fit clothes wise. So I love being able to have a gift card to pay for the *thing* when I find it! It's the gift that keeps on giving. Because I forget about it until I think, 'Eh, I shouldn't buy this. I should save the money." Then I remember, "But, I have a gift card, yay!"
But here's my predicament. I have all these gift cards (they are almost all generic, meaning I could use them anywhere.) but I can't decide what to use them for. It's not even what item I should use them for. But what kind of purchase I should use them for.
Like, should I go out and buy something really nice. Something I probably wouldn't buy at all. Maybe a nice purse? Maybe a nice dress from the full price clothes rack? If I buy something expensive and luxurious, I'll probably only be able to buy that one item.
Orrr, do I go to someplace like Target and buy several items, but not as good quality? Which do I want? One really nice thing? Or a few still kinda nice things?
Should I go in search of these items without having something in mind that I really want? I'm not 'in the market' for anything in particular right now. There's nothing that I've been thinking, "Oh, I really want that I just don't have the money." Or should I wait until I happen upon something I really, really want.
I think that's one thing I'm afraid of. That I'll spend it on something nice but nothing I had planned on actually buying. But then a week later, I'll find something I feel like I can't live without and be mad at myself.
Should I spend it on things for the house? I've been wanting to switch over to glass 'tupperware' and I want some canisters for spices and bulk items. I need some new spatulas, or I could get a dehydrator!
Or do I spend it on fun things like clothes, shoes and sunglasses?
I know, I know, what a horrible problem to have right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just a reminder, I believe there was a stipulation with the card you received from us. Something about "this card must be used for something for you, not the house or kids. Buy yourself something!
Post a Comment