There once was a young Air Force couple
Who figured they hadn't enough trouble.
So they brought home a Great Dane
They're most likely insane.
And now instead of one dog they've double.
We brought Newman home last Sunday at 6 weeks old. He came from a litter of 10 (I think, I don't know there were a lot) and is a beautiful merle blue.
He has been a really good and smart puppy so far. We're making good progress on housebreaking and crate training. But it's easy to forget how much work having a puppy is. They are not completely unlike mobile 6 month olds (without a diaper on).
It's been 8 years since we've had a puppy in the house so we're on the learning curve again.
But like I said, he's made awesome progress in just the week we've had him. We'll start obedience training at about 8 or 9 weeks and we'll be on our way.
He's so tiny right now and I've been trying to take a bunch of pictures so that in just a few short months I can compare his ginormous size back to now. He sure is cute.
And in case you were wondering where his name came from:
No comments:
Post a Comment