In honor of the upcoming Labor Day weekend, I'll tell you about mine. Thanks to Rocks In My Dryer.
How long were your labors?
Carter: 4 hours
Clay: 14 hours
Carter is still moving as fast as he possibly can
How did you know you were in labor?
My water broke at exactly 36 weeks with both kiddos.
Where did you deliver?
Carter was born in Tucson, AZ at St. Joseph's
Clay was born in Seoul, S. Korea at the 121 Combat Hospital.
Drugs?
Absolutely! I thought about the Bradley Method for approximately 2 days and then I asked for epidurals as soon as I walked in the doors. Unfortunately with #2, it took 4 TIMES TO GET IT IN!
C-section?
Carter was an Emergency Section (and still is :)) and Clay was a successful VBAC!
Who delivered?
A random Dr. who happened to be making really late rounds. She introduced herself as "Hi-I'm Dr.-Brainard-and-I'm going-to-do-your-c-section-okay? Can you feel this? Okay!" *Slice* I was the Emergency over the hospital's PA system. "ANY OB TO LABOR AND DELIVERY STAT". The on call OB in my Dr's practice made it to the hospital right as they were gluing me back up. Yes, I was glued shut.
Clay was delivered with only 40 minutes of pushing under normal non-emergent conditions by Dr. Barrett, who was like the female version of Doogie Houser.
If you want to play along with this meme, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog, and leave a comment so we can find you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice, Lauren! I followed your lead...
Post a Comment