Monday, February 22, 2010

What Happens in Vegas...is not as much fun when you take kids

We traveled to Vegas last weekend for our holiday, and had a pretty good time. While I know a bunch of people who think it's very 'kid friendly'...ehh, I wouldn't call it toddler friendly. I felt like I was busy trying to convince Carter that this place was FUN! and EXCITING! He wasn't buying it. The fact that he spent most of the weekend in the stroller (because Carter was either lagging way too far behind or running a mile ahead of us) was not enticing to him.

Clay spent the whole weekend in the stroller, because HE STILL CAN'T WALK and dragging his mouth on the strip wasn't an option.

My super cool friend, Sarah, is doing a travel assignment in Temecula and met us up there for the weekend. She babysat for us on Valentines Night and gave us an extra set of hands during the days!

Cory and I went and gambled at the Palms (to hang out with the pretty people)on our date night. I watched Cory play craps, convinced him to play some slots with me and at the late hour of midnight, I was ready to go to bed.




Here we are at the Venetian. When I went to Italy as a teenager, I remember seeing these guys all over the place. And they were amazing..this guy was pretty good too..



We didn't ride the gondola, but watched as lovebirds did. There were a ton of weddings that day!



It's the year of the Tiger! Happy Chinese New Year!



The beautiful ceilings in the Casino




We spent a day in the Adventuredome of Circus Circus....That was the only place I didn't feel like I was 'battling' with Carter. He had a great time.
Here he is riding the locker ride. Get this, it wasn't only free, he found a quarter in there!



Cory and Sarah rode Chaos



Carter rode the whole ride this way...he's lucky, many a man would do the same if they had the chance :)



Calming down a bit...



A 4D Spongebob Ride!



Carter mastering his aviator skills



Cory climbing the rock wall



...and everyone watching



Carter on the johnny jumper



At the M&M store. We bought Carter a slot machine that takes M&Ms, he already has a gambling problem...and a sticky face.



Studio 54! We're not cool enough to go in..so we just took a picture



Excalibur!



The MGM



When I asked Carter what he was doing, he told me he was posing for the camera. When I asked him why he was posing that way, he said, "Because I HAVE TO!"
I'm not sure who he got that from..but the more I play with him and the camera, the more he reminds me of Chandler Bing



Trying to get a family shot



Planet Hollywood



The Bellagio




Sarah and I in front of the Bellagio





I think this in inside the Venetian






The Eiffel Tower...well, Vegas' version of it



"Where'd that Angel's head go?"













There was a Dolphin exhibit and Secret Garden that was way under impressive and over expensive...












Sarah and I at the Mirage






Wow, Siegfried and Roy







Could he be any cooler?

1 comment:

Helen said...

I miss Vegas. Looks like you did a lot even if you didn't do it the way you really wanted to. But isn't everything that way with kids? (BTW, see you're reading Free Range Kids. Love that site. The book is good, too.)