Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to my little Turkey

Dear Clay,



I can't believe you are 2! I feel like just yesterday I was in the Storks Nest, thanking God my water broke so I wouldn't have to spend another night there. You only asked for one thing for your birthday and that was an M&M cake. You love M&Ms...a lot. You also love life. You are happy to just "be". Even though you have just recently began trying my patience with your 'terrible twos', you are still 1000xs easier than your brother was at this age.



You love to be outside, and to run around and scream for the heck of it. You love Toy Story and Wonder Pets. You love animals, and babies. You love your big brother Carter most of all. You copy every...single..dern..thing...he does. Sometimes, it's cute. Most of the time, it's something not so cute (because it's naughty).




You can count to three, identify most colors and animals and are a very good problem solver. You are an excellent 'finder' of things you've misplaced. You can jump with both feet off the ground and you can throw a baseball or make a basket like no one's business. You are a very good thinker, but we need to work on the 'talking' part of it. I can't believe how far you've come in talking in the past 6 months. To go from not babbling to telling jokes in 6 months is fantastic!
You love to tell the "boo hoo" knock, knock joke.
You're favorite part: the punchline. You say, "Don't cry, joke!"



You do not love going to the doctor or doing anything that looks suspicious. You are TERRIFIED of the toilet. Well, not of the actual toilet, but using the toilet. You won't leave us the heck a lone when we're using it, but heaven forbid we try to sit you on it. You turn into a limp noodle and scream like we're pulling your fingers off, one by one.




I really wish you could stay little forever. You are such a charming, sweet little boy. You are great at sharing, and being nice to babies who are younger than you. You have a truly altruistic spirit, and I think you're going to do great things with it one day. I love that you are a Mamas boy and love to cuddle. We have a very special bond, and I hope we'll both always remember that.




Love, Mama


Clay 2yrs
28lbs, 34in
Favorites
Color: green
Animal: cats
TV show: Wonder Pets
Toy: basketball
Food: macaroni and cheese and hot dogs
Activity: swinging

Dislikes:
The toilet
The doctor
Being left at the CDC
Vegetables

1 comment:

Anna Jane said...

Happy birthday, sweet Clay! I'll never forget visiting you at the hospital. Sending you lots of hugs!!!