I can't even tell you how cute and wonderful you are. You are like the babies out of one of those glow-y, soft detergent commercials. Sweet and smiley and you smell wonderful. You're a good eater and a GREAT sleeper. You sleep wherever I happen to lay you. Last week I actually misplaced you (don't worry - it was here in the house - not outside or at the commissary) and you were just sound asleep with a grin on your face.
And it's not like I really misplaced you...I just forgot where I laid you down when I got distracted.
But don't fret, I will probably 'misplace' you several more times. It's what happens when you're the third (or 4th or 5th) child.
Other things that happen when you're the 3rd child: you only get a monthly update on the blog every other month apparently.
I'll try to be better.
But back to your cuteness...You are a very smiley baby and give most smiles to me. You will smile for your daddy, but he has to work pretty hard. You do not smile much for your brothers, and I don't blame you a bit.
You have grown accustomed to hand squeezing and feet pulling and slobbery wet kisses from the dog. Your brothers shout in your face and push your cheeks together and I actually caught Carter doing the "Stop hitting yourself" routine with you the other day. He may or may not have learned that from me...I apologize. I had no idea it would be used on your precious face.

You are just now starting to space out your feedings to about every 3 hours. Before this week you were still eating about every hour and a half. Needless to say, this week has been very painful in the boobie department as they make the change.
On Saturday night, I laid you in your bed for a few minutes and you fell asleep and THEN SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I was completely expecting to pick you back up after 5 minutes, but you never woke up and I wasn't about to wake you.
Me and your father checked on you multiple times and I'm sure you were like, "Oh em gee guys..get outta my face, I'm trying to sleep!" but we've never had a baby that slept because they were TIRED! Since then, you have been sleeping in your bed and through the night. ON ACCIDENT. I wasn't really ready for you to leave me at night, but I know I will be kicking myself in 6 months if this is the only chance you're offering up and I'm not taking it. It's okay, I sneak into your room at 6am and bring you into bed with me, even though you're still asleep. We can then snuggle and nurse until the boys wake up. Most of the time when the boys wake up, you have fallen back asleep and will sleep until 10 or 11am. On Sunday - you slept till noon. You ARE my daughter!
You are close to laughing, and are getting better at holding your head up. At your 2 month appointment you weighed 11 pounds (and some change) and were 24 inches tall. You are in the 50th and 80th percentiles! And, I answered "yes" to every milestone question (which was definitely a first for a 2 month well baby appointment!). I don't give you much tummy time because it just makes you so darn mad..and I'm going to try and be better about that too.
You have officially turned into a thumb sucker, and I attribute a good portion of your good sleeping to that. I know I will regret letting you suck your thumb when you are seven and having to have a sharp, pointy, medieval dental appliance to make you stop, but for now, I am nothing but grateful.

Next month we are moving to Florida and you'll make your first of many long treks across the country to a new home. Luckily, we will be there for awhile and you'll have some normalcy for awhile.
You are still very fun to dress everyday and I don't even mind when you have a poop explosion,(you had 3 today) it just means I can squeeze in one more cute outfit on you per day.
I love you so much and please stop growing.
Love,
Mama
2 comments:
So. Flippin'. Adorable!!!!! I heart her so much. Congrats on the house and best of luck with the move! I think of you guys all the time and miss you tons!
~Anna
She's such a cutie, and I loved reading all about her! :)
Post a Comment