Friday, February 11, 2011

My Valentine

I was SO excited to get this Valentine from Carter today at school. He NEVER makes me stuff. When we were at Edwards, all the kids would run to their parents after class and show them the bazillion things they had made in the short 2.5 hours.
I would ask Carter, "Did you make me something?"
Carter would always reply, "No."

So imagine my surprise when he walked to the car carrying this giant Valentine that took up A WHOLE PIECE of construction paper!
I told him I loved it and put it in the front seat next to me after I strapped him in.

On our way home we stopped at the pharmacy to pick up some of Clay's medicines and I asked him about all the parts of the picture. I added the colored circles in paint (because that's the only computer editing tool I know how to use) for reader clarification. Here's our conversation:

"Carter! Tell me about your Valentine you made for me! What are all of these things on here?"

"Well, I know you like hearts, so I made you a lot of hearts on it."

"Oh yeah?! Thank you!"

"And this (pointing to the black circle) is the baby Snowman. And this (pointing to the purple circle) is Rudolph, but he's stuck in a hole. And these here are the puddles. The big red heart is a cloud and it rained and then made these Valentine puddles."

"What! I didn't know there were Valentine Puddles!?"

"Yeah, and then this (pointing to the red circle) is the little snowman, and this (pointing to the blue circle) is just some grits."

"Some grits!? Why did you put grits on a Valentine's Day card?"

"Well, I was going to make it into a big snowman but I couldn't so it's just some grits now."

"Oh, ok.."






Happy Valentine's Day.

**For you northerners, these are grits. 

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I am so glad that the grits I served while the kids were here at Christmas made such a big impression on Carter. Sorry that they ended up on your Valentine though.

Anna Jane said...

Awww, Carter! What a lovely Valentine :) And so detailed in his description. He's too cute!