Monday, February 7, 2011

Vivian 6 months

Dear Vivi,

Today you're 6 months old. I promised you 3 months ago that I would try to be better about writing your birthday blogs. But, life is so busy, and all I can do is say I'll try harder in this next six months.


When we moved from Edwards, you were the most upset of all the kids. You apparently took it very personally and decided the only remedy was to attach yourself to me 24 hours a day. You were a miserable, miserable baby while we were in TX. You cried, and screamed and very rarely slept. However, the day we brought daddy home from the hospital (because of his appendectomy), the nurses on the med/surg floor were all crowding around to see you and ooh and aah over you. One of them even took you on a round-a-bout to show you off.



Even if you don't have good sleeping on your side, you are awfully cute and I very much enjoy the compliments you get on a daily basis. Although, sometimes I feel weird and don't know what to say when people say how cute and bald you are. Is it appropriate to say "Thank you"? does the same apply when they say you're so cute AND bald? What's right response to that one?


You're still very very bald, and there is no sign of hair growth in sight. Sometimes right after you've had a bath I get excited because I think your hair is growing, but really it is just a little 'fluffier' for a day.
You had your second cold already, and this one was quite miserable for you. It lingered forever, and there's nothing worse than a baby with a cold. You were so angry that you couldn't nurse (because then you couldn't breathe) and your voice was hoarse, and you had snot running out of every orifice in your head. It was really becoming, let me tell you.


You have finally settled here at our new home in Florida and are usually quite pleasant to take on errands now that you can ride on my back in my Beco. You fall asleep or chew on the straps and then people ooh and aah over how cute of a backpack I have.


You're a master roller-over, love to grab things and put them directly into your mouth, and do a HILARIOUS thing with your tongue that I have YET to catch on film. You have a strangely long tongue and you love for it to be out of your mouth and I'm pretty sure you could lick your eyeball if you tried.
You've grown very tall but have refused to gain any weight since your 2 month doctor appointment, so we started you on cereal last week. Two days ago, you finally figured out how to latch onto the spoon and suck the cereal off of it. I'm going to count that as success.


You don't laugh very easily and are very offended by other people holding you these days. You try to be very high maintenance, but I'm afraid there's just not room for a 3rd child to be high maintenance.
We decided a few weeks ago that some tough love was in order. You are a TERRIBLE sleeper (remember how you just slept through the night on accident and then you had us all fooled that you would just be a great sleeper from then on out?) You were a BIG FAT LIAR and only did that for 3 weeks and then turned into the worst sleeper on the planet. So, in order for mommy and daddy to be a good mommy and daddy to you, we started letting you cry for awhile at night and about 2 weeks later you usually sleep through the night. I am actually shocked you are not sleeping through the night 100% of the time by now. But like I said, I think you think you're going to be high maintenance.


However, you are the most beautifully bald girl that has ever been, you are LOVELY and snuggly and a mamas girl (for now). You still love to 'snurse' early in the morning before your brothers wake up and you love to eat the tags on any toy or blanket. You love when I let you suck on the bottom of the glass that I'm drinking from. I imagine you like the cold on your mouth.
You're 25.5 inches and 12 pounds of wonderful.


Love,

Mama

1 comment:

Cindle and the Gang said...

Lauren, she is absolutely beautiful! Those eyes! Holy cow! And I can't believe she's already 6 months old!