Tuesday, June 28, 2011

If you ever need a friend, I will be here.

Carter's very first friend was a sweet girl named Masyn. It also helped that Masyn's Mama was one of my best friends and we were both pregnant at the same time. Bevin (Masyn's mama) met Carter at the hospital when he was born in Tucson, AZ.

I met Masyn when she was 5 weeks old. (I had gone home to TX for awhile when Cory had deployed in 2007. Masyn came a few weeks early and didn't ask if I was ready for her to show up!)

We were stationed together at Davis-Monthan and then again at Osan while in Korea. They were together from birth until Carter turned 3. Then separated until after they were both 4. Luckily, we've done skype here or there and then two weeks ago, drove out to Del Rio to see them again. Here's a brief synopsis of their relationship:

Masyn 4 months, Carter 8 months

Masyn 4.5 months, Carter 9 months



From left to right: Marige and Lucy, Bevin and Masyn, Me and Carter, Erin and Saffran


Masyn 8 months, Carter 13 months


Masyn 13 months, Carter 17 months




Masyn 18 months, Carter 23 months


Masyn 2, Carter 2.5


Masyn's 2nd Birthday

4 years old


Best friends, even from thousands of miles away.
;

3 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE it!!!!

Our Traveling Circus said...

It's so hard with this nomadic lifestyle to keep the kids in touch, so glad Carter had a chance to see his buddy again!

They sure would make a cute couple someday! You never know...Sean's dad and my dad met at their first assignment and here we are! :)

Anonymous said...

That was so cute Lauren!!! I appreciate the cameo as well. I miss those little cuties.
Love, Erin