Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Swimmin' at Uncle D's.

My Dad's younger brother lives only about a block away from them. They lived in Mississippi the whole time all us kids were growing up and we all wanted to live close. But as soon as Jeanie (my cousin) and I graduated high school THEN they moved out to Texas.
My dad and Uncle Daryl are pretty close in age (About 18 months apart) and are both very surprised that they survived 'each other'. Being numbers 6 and 7 of 7 kids, you know, they had to be creative coming up with ways to entertain themselves. This means they constantly tortured each other for their own enjoyment.
Lucky me, they survived, married and had daughters at the same time. Jeanie and I are super BFFs and were the maids of honor at each others' weddings.

We had a fantastic time swimming at their house while we were in TX. If you haven't learned this already, swimming is the best way to wear out kids. They slept like rocks after a good few hours of pool time.

Viv and Granpa

Carter's freckles really started coming out this summer.

Uncle D and Clay

1, 2, 3...go!


Clay and Grandma

Jeanie with Carter

3 generations of women

Chase (Jeanie's husband) and Clay are twinkies.

Somehow I caught the instant before the thumb goes into the mouth



YOU!

Carter and Grandma

1 comment:

Jeanie Robinson said...

LOVE THIS!!! I want to do this every weekend!!!