Ahh, nothing like a little Air Force limbo to spice up our lives.
We were supposed to be here at Eglin for a good 3 years. We were so excited to be somewhere long enough for the paint on the walls to dry.
But since Cory is changing aircrafts we were scheduled for another move this summer.
That only makes 5 moves in 7 years!
But of course it's never as easy as happily awaiting the matchups and then the assignment, is it?
About a month ago Cory got deployment notification to Ramstein AB in Germany.
We were stoked! Germany!? We have been dying to get to Europe but haven't had the chance.
How I look back now and wish we would have tried to get the Korea with the Germany follow on.
I know, I know, I was dying to get stateside after Korea....but hindsight is always 20/20.
Cory has talked to the guy at Ramstein who's in the job now and it sounds like a fantastic deployment. He's there with his wife and seven children. We figured out how to skirt around the visa requirements and car situation. So now, we only have 998 questions to ask.
However, when the boss found out that Cory got a deployment notification, he sent in a reclama. (A request to keep him from deploying) Regardless how badly we want to make it to Germany, a reclama really is the best thing since Cory needs to get in the air. (He has been in a flying billet and hasn't flown in over 14 months.) The boss says Cory really needs to PCS instead of deploying.
Of course everyone is getting their assignments....and we're just waiting. Will we deploy? Will we PCS? If we PCS, where are we going? What is Cory going to fly? Training? Can we do in en route? What happens if we deploy? What does that do to our PCS date?
Hopefully we'll find out soon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ohhh, I do not miss the limbo! Thinking of you....
We got ours!!!!
Ugh, one of the most frustrating things ever is waiting for an assignment! I hate spinning my wheels with several possible locations, it is just exhausting.
I hope that you guys find out soon.
PS-We've been praying for Clay and his testing today. Hope it all goes well.
Post a Comment