Sunday, June 24, 2012

Introducing Sansa

I know, I know, what all of you are going to say. "Why on Earth did you get a cat?" I don't really have a good explanation other than we had been tossing the idea around for a few months, and went back and forth on whether or not it was a good idea. Probably the thought of the eminent boredom at Edwards was the kicker. Bailey had made good friends with the Galloway's dog last week during our drive, and she had a great time playing again. After we got here, she seemed kind of bored, sad even. We were open to looking for a dog or a cat but after visiting the shelters several times this weekend, we couldn't find a pup to entertain Bailey. Maybe a kitten would be a fun playmate for her. The kids have been asking for a cat for awhile, and when visiting the 'cattery', we found one we thought had a good temperament. A 2 month old orange tabby. She's cute, tolerant of the kids and okay with Bailey. By okay, I mean that she hisses and keeps her distance most of the time. However, curiosity gets the best of her and they have had a few encounters. Nothing too dramatic, but I wouldn't call it copacetic yet. I'll take it as a good sign that the kitty still plays openly around the kids and Bailey, and doesn't take to biting, scratching or hiding. So, here's Sansa:







*yes, we named her after the character from Game of Thrones.

2 comments:

Our Traveling Circus said...

Aww, she's so cute! Shelter pets are the best, they seem to know that they're being rescued! :)

Deborah said...

Love her! And such a great name! Kitties are the best!