*you might have to click and enlarge this to see it well
And I couldn't even unwrap it because I was so upset at the TOTAL UNREALISTIC mock schedule on the damned thing.
So here we have what I am assuming to be a wife, husband and two kids in a family, right? So it appears the wife (who is apparently nameless) works part time from 9am to noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays. First of all, what mom has a job with hours like that? Okay, maybe I am getting ahead of myself, and the husband supports everyone and she works at like, the church office or nursery, or some part time job just 'for fun'. I mean, I know several people that work only a few days a week, but it's usually nurses that work 12 hour days, or work PRN. But 6 hours a week? Is that even enough for gas money to and from said job? Then apparently she has a meeting from 1-3 on Friday, *NOTICE* not during her normal work time. Is this a work meeting? Is this a crafting meeting? Is this a school/extra curricular meeting? If something's just labeled 'meeting' wouldn't you automatically assume it's work-related? Bur what on earth would you need to have a meeting about if you only work 6 hours a week? Maybe, "Hey, we're not paying overtime, so you better clock out at 5:59!"?
Also, this lady apparently makes time for herself as noted by her scheduled yoga and hair appointments throughout the week. BUT, is she in school too perhaps? There is a PROJECT DUE! on Friday. I hope she can get it done before her MEETING!
Also, the painter is coming on Saturday, so Greg, don't make any plans buddy.
The kids in the picture seem to be of school age since they have history tests this week along with their soccer, ballet and drama. But EVERYONE is washing the dog on Wednesday, don't forget! Do people really schedule dog washing?
And wait, Greg must be a student too. He has a science test on Tuesday. Everyone is in school? The whole family? Good thing his test isn't on Wednesday since he will be out of town on business. Who's bringing home the bacon here? I mean firstly, who has soccer games at 2pm in the middle of the school year. And what working adult takes off at at least 1:30pm every Monday to coach soccer games? Surely "nameless wife" isn't the bread winner since she is only working 6 hours a week.
Obviously I am too distracted by this dry erase schedule to use it. I haven't unwrapped it because I am planning on taking it back. I can't support this agenda, I mean, really.
3 comments:
You are TOO funny! Just unwrap it and put it in the big, nice, home made planner you have... and be done with it!
I would very much like to see your version of a realistic schedule. And don't forget to work in 'shopping for dinner at the wine outlet' at least three days a week.
Anna, my version would look somewhat like this (especially this week while Cory's TDY)
Monday: Go to commissary at 10 - forget it doesn't open until noon and swear all the way home.
Tuesday: Try to keep Netflix off because I don't want the kids' brain to shrivel up and die. Pat myself on the back because I stick to my guns!
Wednesday: Give up all hope and let the kids watch 24856830 hours of documentaries on dolphins and convinve myself that because it is 115 degrees outside and it's educational, it's okay.
Thursday: Actually cook something that I bought at the commisarry since I am feeling guilty about all the macaroni and cereal we're eating
Friday: Shower, since the neighbors will all be out today and reward myself with wine at noon since it's friday and no one can expect us on the west coast to REALLY wait until 5.
Saturday: Sulk that hubs is not home and let the kids watch Phineas and Ferb (because hey? it's saturday...right?)
Sunday: recover from copious wine drinking the night before and make to do list for following week in which I promise the kids will NOT learn more about dolphins because the last thing I need are small, whiny activists in the house.
Post a Comment