Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Unorganized Summer Pictures from Texas

We spent 19 days in Texas spanning the last half of June and the beginning of July. I know I am just getting around to posting about it. I hate that I haven't done a lot of posting on my blog this year. I think the rise of Facebook has made me lazy about posting on my blog. Every now and then, I'll go back and re-read some of my blog posts from Korea and I posted about everything. I didn't feel the need to post only about BIG! EXCITING! THINGS! That's what I need to get back to, posting about every day stuff. If I truly want this to be a way to remember the kids when they are older I should include more than one post a month. Sheesh!

Cory was at some training at Luke AFB in Phoenix right after Memorial Day. We had a few weeks at home before we left. (One of those weeks I drove down to Tucson to see some good friends.) We had soccer camp, then a few days to ourselves and then the kids and I headed to TX. One of the crappy things about being where we are is the distance we are from any airport. It's frustrating enough to have to fly with kids and get them to behave. But when you have to drive 2 hours to just GET to the airport, that was 2 hours of good behavior wasted in the car! Arrrhg! You know, if your kids are like mine and the ticker starts as soon as they're awake.....every minute after that is downhill, right?

Luckily, they did GREAT traveling. We found a decent parking spot in remote parking, rode the shuttle to the terminal and got through security with minimal incident. Even with Clay saying, "BOMB" as we were putting our shoes back on. No, seriously. He said it. He didn't yell it or anything. But was making some matter of fact statement that happen to include the word BOMB in it. I was like, "You have got to be kidding me!" Lucky for us, I don't think anyone heard us (or they realized we weren't a threat) and didn't mention anything to us. They were really good waiting in the terminal and on the plane. I had TWO people come up to me and comment on how well behaved my children were. They were like, "How do you do it? With all three? By yourself?" I wanted to say, "Um...mostly luck?" But I mentioned something about how we do a lot of traveling without Dad and they are used to it, etc. etc.

The kids had a great time in Texas with Grandma and Grandpa. They had CABLE! and GRASS! We did a lot of fun things during the first week when both my mom and dad took off work. We even had my nephew Dylan (who lives in MS) with us! So, as you can imagine, having a 6, 5, 4, and almost 3 year old was super.....fun!
Vivi loves Barkley. Barkley does not share the sentiment.

Carter loved having trees to climb. It is probably his favorite pastime. This is unfortunate considering we live where there are absolutely no trees.

Morning cartoons and Grandma's ipad. 

We went out to Hibachi one night. 

Vivi and Dylan riding horses at the Ft.Worth Stockyards




Waiting for the cattle drive to start. It was HOT that day. 

Longhorns!

Vivi loves Ribs!

They all love to feed the quarters in the "ridey-horses" when we come. 

This is Clay's weird smile he gives when I tell him to smile these days. We're trying to work on it.
We ate some bread at Grandma's House

Carter and Clay riding at the stockyards


Carter loves ribs too!

We visited the petting (aka: goat) zoo

Crying because she dropped the grain in 3...

2....

1.

1 comment:

Mom said...

A fun time was had by all. Can't wait til next year!