Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm in love with a fighter pilot, and a doctor.

While I believe more and more everyday that God has blessed me with a fantanstic husband, I do have a second love...
My OB from the States.
I had a very troubling visit to Yongsan yesterday that left me with more questions than I went in with and became so frustrated that I decided to call Dr. Decker (the Doctor who followed me while I was pregnant with Carter)
Before I left for Korea, I had a last appointment with him and he told me to call if I needed anything. I hadn't wanted or really needed to call him before today. I called at 6am here and hoped, hoped, hoped, the receptionist would be compassionate and understand that she couldn't "take a message" because for them to call me back would cost $153,233,234.
I was very lucky and she put me on hold while he was in with a patient and he asnwered the phone only a few short minutes later!
He very thoroughly answered my questions, said that I could send my blood work (that had been in question) to him and he'd tell me what he suggested, and was very compassionate and understanding about everything. He gave me the info and advice needed to go fully armed into my next appointment.
This guy's not getting paid a cent to give me advice or talk to me on the phone inbetween patients or to review my records. I think I love him.
He embodies what all doctors should aspire to be. Not only a healer,but understanding, compassionate and an advocate for their patients.

2 comments:

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

Wow I am jealous! I wish I had a good Doc to call. I called my sister who I always call about Doctor things. And told her how you and I both came out feeling confused and felt like we did not get answers to our questions. I am glad that you were able to get another opinion. Since they were really trying to change things around on you this time so late in them game. Not fun!

Anonymous said...

That's great that you have a doctor back here in the states that you can call. It's pretty awesome that he took time to speak with you like that!!!