Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Etiquette

Here a quick question for all of you.

We were woken up by this strange sound this morning. Rrrrrrrr-smack. Rrrrrrrrrrr-smack!
It was coming from outside and it sounded like it was right outside our bedroom window. (Our window is open since it's so dern hot inside these days) I figured it was the workers doing something outside. So I reluctantly got up to take the dog out (because it had woken her up) and saw that it was a teenager practicing jumping the curb on his skateboard. AT 6 IN THE MORNING. Don't teenagers like to sleep in? why would he be awake other than to to be writing a last minute paper or sneaking to see his forbidden girlfriend?
Anyway...I didn't say anything to him. But Cory's sleeping in this morning because he's working late tonight and I wasn't sure who had the right-of-way here.
Should we have closed our window and not said anything (just like we did)? Or do we have the right to say, "Hey could you please not do that this early in the morning? It makes a lot of noise?" I know we don't own the side walk right outside our window and all, but....I know a lot of other people on this side of the building have their windows open at night too, so they can probably hear it.
What's right?

7 comments:

Anna said...

Next time, throw beers at him. Then, if his parents come to complain you can give them hell for raising such a rude bastard.

If the parents don't come, you know he just collected the beer and considered it his lucky day, so you can keep putting beer out. That way, even if he does get on the skateboard, he'll just fall right off.

Deborah said...

Call the cops on him, he's probley not supposed to be skating there anyway, let alone at 6 am.

Helen said...

I agree with Anna. But, if you choose not to use her appraoch, there are quiet hours.

Or, did the dog pooping sign work. If so, perhaps a skateboarder one would, too.

Shawn said...

just stick the gun out the window and shoot a few rounds at him. if you hit him it was a bad day for him, but if you miss he will consider himself lucky and not come around for round two.

Anonymous said...

Wake Cory up and let him handle it. I bet he would be nice and cheerful and explain to the lad in a very persuasive way to stop riding near your house. Or, "Look Bailey! Chew toy!" comes to mind. I mean if you are going to feed a dog that size, might as well get some mileage out of her.

Anonymous said...

I would like to change my answer. I just read about what Carter got for Easter. Carter with a baseball bat should be able to handle anybody on a skateboard. He is just the right height for optimum damage.

Nicole said...

Oh, I'd say something. I like the idea of throwing beers at him! :)