Carter has become quite the personality these last few weeks in America.
As I mentioned in a previous post, he's starting to really assert his opinions and try out his new found 'attitidue'.
I guess somewhere along the way I assumed only girls had attitude issues, but I can assure you, that's not the case.
He's very stubborn and wants to do things his way. However, the advances in his language development has been exponential the last 6 months and he can and will voice how he feels about every situation.
He's very quick to argue when I tell him he can't do this, or he needs to do this now.
Last night as we're heading to a Chinese Buffet, we had the following conversation.
"Mom, we're going to eat Chinese food?"
"Yes."
"I need a diet coke then."
"What? What are you talking about?
I NEED a diet coke mom, I Always have a diet coke with my chinese food!"
As I am trying to stifle my laughter and figure out where in the world he picked that up, I remember that about 3 weeks before we left Osan we all went out for Chinese food and he did indeed, have a diet coke.
Another facet of this attitude has come quite the sense of humor.
More than once a day he has me laughing out loud. Many are instances I have to hide that I'm laughing out loud and then reprimand for the inappropriate language or behavior, but nonetheless, my immature sense of humor finds it entertaining.
Here's another scenario that happened yesterday:
As I'm assisting Carter with peeing he toots, and then instead of 'excuse me' he waves his hands in front of his face (to wave away the smell) and says, "Whew! I don't remember eating that!"
Nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment