Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ungrateful

I've been wanting to post all these thoughts as little tidbits on facebook or twitter or something (If I had a twitter) but with everyone's statuses reflecting, "I'm so thankful for yada, yada, etc." I can't be the only ungrateful schmoe on the internet.

Here are things that really 'grind my gears' these days.

1. Moving
2. Children who only take a one hour nap and then are miserable the rest of the day
3. Friends who tell you, "Let me know if you need anything at all! I'll help with whatever you need." but are NEVER available to help. It doesn't count if you only do things for people when it's absolutely convenient for YOU and YOU only.
4. We're moving to the MIDDLE OF NOWEHERE, AMERICA. No, I'm serious. The closest Walmart is over 25 miles away. What's goign to be inbetween my house and that Walmart? DIRT. Don't get me started on how far away the closest Target is. I'm 100% serious when I say I'd rather be here in Korea with good friends, an awesome squadron, Emart, an ajuma and not need a car.
5. the president
6. The whole Sarah Palin mess
7. Everytime we move now, we will move right in the middle of T-giving, X-mas and BOTH boys' birthdays. I feel like we will almost never have birthday or X-mas decorations in our house again.
8. Dogs who poop in the dining room
9. The fact that I can't sign for anything for my move. I 'don't count' over here, even though I'm command sopnsored. But my husband is too busy working to just sign things. And they think they're going to normalize this place.

The end, I'm done. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Dammit, where's the like button?!?!?!? I always like it when I'm not the only one whose bitter is showing.

Anna Jane said...

Ahhhh, the refreshing sounds of frusrated military mother/wife/woman! Glad to see I'm not alone in my feeling (but I do hope that it eases up on you so you get through this with some amount of sanity!)

And my word verification this time is "sirine" (seriously, who comes up with these?)...Coincidence? I think not!

Sarah Hargis said...

Preach it sister.

Amanda Evans said...

I had a "bad" blog entry recently, too!!! I feel ya! Where are you PCSing? Edwards or something?