Sunday, November 8, 2009

TDY Blues

It's actually been awhile since Cory's been TDY and left me here alone. I think the last time was Safety School, 10 months ago.

Maybe that's why this time seems a lot harder than I remember.
Don't get me wrong, a lot of things are easier: I don't cook much, We aren't scheduled to "When Daddy is going to get home", and anytime after bedtime is MY time.

But more than not, things are harder. Weekends especially suck. That's when you see a lot of the dads out on the playground with the kids, giving mom a break.

Families are walking to the bx together, and moms are at the commissary sans children.

It also doesn't help that it's wet and stormy outside, we're stuck in the house, trying to keep from overdosing on Mickey Mouse Three Muskateers and Cheese-its.

We do have the new bowling alley play place, which is AWESOME, but Clay can't really enjoy crawling around there without eating leftover french fries that missed the trash can, or licking the floor. (See Anna, I have SOME standards..geesh)

The bx play area is pretty good. But it's hit or miss as far as packed, or empty, people I do or don't know. (And let's face it, I don't want to make small talk with people I don't know when I only have 30 some-odd-days left here)

Wednesday is a holiday, everyone and theirs will be traveling to Everland. It was going to be our last trip there before we left and now instead I'll probably be reading about Cadavers and going to bed early.
I thought about going on my own, but Carter can't ride many rides himself and Clay's not old enough for anything. Even in the ballroom, I'd have to hold him the whole time. And have you held that kid lately? He's got to weigh 50 lbs!?

5 comments:

Hubby said...

I miss you too...a beautiful view just isn't the same without a beautiful family to share it with...

Anna said...

Come over and play! And bring the candy bars and cheez-its, if you don't mind.....

Anna Jane said...

Ummm, you just described my current life. Dan's 6 day TDY has turned into 2+ weeks with no signs of ending. Email me your stateside # and we can call and be miserable together (our old computer crashed and I have no #'s saved).

And don't listen to Anna, she's just using your for your snacks...

And Cory, you're too much! My husband only makes comments about missing my sweet, sweet...well, let's just say he misses me, but not in a thoughtful way like you just described :P

My word verification for this post is "Berpshie". I just think that's funny...

Helen said...

I really hate TDY weekends. In fact, whenever I read about people's TDY travails...weekends is one of the number one complaints. Hang in there, Chica!

sarah said...

sounds like clay is taking after his mom! remember the time you ate the "popcorn" off the floor in the doorms?