Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hollywood!

My parents are usually only here when there's a medical crisis. Since I've been married, I think they've visited me twice when there was no one in the hospital, a baby hadn't just been born, or some one's life wasn't hanging in the balance.

I was really eager for us to get to DO SOMETHING. They always take wonderful care of me and the kids, but I wanted to show them we're not a bunch of needy, leech-y hypochondriacs.

We drove down to Santa Monica Pier on Tuesday after Easter. We ate lunch at Bubba Gumps and played in the sand awhile.









We drove to Hollywood to check out the hand prints and stars. My family has never been great at directions, or one way streets, or parking...Let's just say we were all glad to get out of the car once we were parked (at a very over priced lot!) in Hollywood.











We took pictures of a bunch of other stars including Britney Spears, Tom Cruise, Gilda Radner, etc. There was one star that was always jam packed, and you basically had to wait in line to get a picture with it. Can you guess who it was?

Michael Jackson


We saw Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the Kodak Theatre, the Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or not, and Madame Tussoud's. (That's where they have all the real looking, fake celebrities and you can take your picture with them.) I'd love to go into all of those places someday, but it being 5 o'clock, we were pushing the kids time limit.












We finished the day off at the Disney Ice cream and Soda shop. It was delicious!





5 comments:

Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma said...

Thanks for the fun outing. You forgot to mention that Carter got to have a sword fight with Zoro right there on Hollywood Blvd. We have a picture of it... you should post it too.

Sarah said...

I love the pic of your mom pushing Clay on the swing. They both look so happy.

Helen said...

Looks like fun. I'm a sucker for Hollywood!

Johnna said...

Awwww...it looks like ya'll did have a fun time! I agree with Sarah; I really like the pic of your mom and Clay.

2nd, I really like the pic of Carter standing on the Ray Bradbury star. Your kids always seem very photogenic. Or maybe you have a super fast shutter speed on that camera.

3rd, in the first picture, your dad reminds me of that dude who owns the orange county choppers on the discovery channel. i think it's the mustache.....