Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mom's Survival Kit in 2010

In every house we've lived in, I collect my to-do things on the corner of our bar. It's a place I pass by often, and things that need to be left out for a particular reason stay there until I deal with them, then I put them away.
On this particular day, I found my leave out pile rather interesting.


I'll send a prize to the person who can come up with the best story for why I needed all of these at the same time. Items are as follows:

a sippy cup
empty box of yogurt raisins
Pottery Barn Halloween Magazine
cocktail recipe book
utility knife
pair of poopy bloomer pants

You've got 3 days :)

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Sorry, I just can't get past why there would ever be a reason why poopy bloomer pants need to be on any countertop. E Coli!

Grandpa said...

You were trying to recreate a drink you saw in the Pottery Barn Halloween Magazine. One of the ingredients listed for it in the cocktail recipe book was yogurt raisins, which you had to open with the utility knife. You could not find a cocktail shaker so you used a sippy cup. The poopy bloomer pants were a garnish for the Halloween drink. (the poop being fake, made from some leftover yogurt raisins)

Lauren said...

If it counts for anything, I don't normally collect poop clothes on the counter. I must have just droppd them there on the way to the laundry room and got distracted....