Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our friend Jenna took our family portraits. I've been trying to get family pictures for almost 2 years now. I wanted something that wasn't in a studio. My kids CAN'T SIT STILL in a studio. I wanted someone who would be patient, someone who was creative. Someone who didn't mind that my 2 ambulatory children can simultaneously run in 4 different directions.




I also wanted someone who didn't charge me $1,000.




I had a friend who took pictures in Korea. I was stoked to finally get some, and the morning we were getting ready, one of my best friends called to tell me she was in the hospital because her water broke...13 weeks early.

Needless to say, that day was spent making phone calls and getting to Seoul. Not taking pictures.




We called the shoot off 2 different times that day. It was raining and bitter cold. I was so upset because we were destined to not have good family pictures! It was our only shot (since she was booked solid until after we were to PCS) and I told her unless it was physically raining, I wanted them. Alas, the sun came out! It was still very cold, and we did all the pictures in 30 minutes. But I didn't care. I finally got my pictures, and they're great! Don't you think?

















No comments: