Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big, Fat, Idiots.

I finally remembered to look these darn things up. They're carpenter bees and they're all over our back yard. Luckily, they can't sting and after reading about them and then spending the afternoon watching them, I've decided they are kind of entertaining.
They're super clumsy and fly into things all the time.
They come down and hover at eye level to 'check you out'. They are seriously looking at you to make sure you're not a mate.
They will chase a rock, bird or any other thing that flies past them. Throw a rock, and they'll chase it. For Real!

Best part: Clay yells, "Stop looking at me, Bee!"

1 comment:

Andrea and Ben said...

I am a totally random commenter - well maybe not so random. It appears we have some friends/acquaintances in common!
Thanks for looking up those bees, saves me having to do it! We just moved here from Tucson/Korea and are getting used to the area. Love the backyard by the way!