I really did want to try my hand at a garden though. I knew the boys would really love it, and it would give me a good reason to get everyone outside to enjoy the nice weather.
We all packed up and went to Lowes today for the supplies. I don't know WHAT IT IS about that store, but my children just LOSE IT. They can be in there for 5 minutes and then they can't keep their body parts to themselves, someone gets hurt and there's an all out brother-to-brother brawl on the floor and I have to drag them both out kicking and screaming while Cory finishes buying what he needs.
While the kids were all napping, Cory built the box, we filled in with soil and I planned out the garden.
**Enter Children waking up from nap**
They were both so eager to help that they began ripping open the seed packages and pouring them everywhere. In the garden. not in the garden, wherever their free little spirits took them, I guess.
In haste, I just poured a bunch of seeds in some holes and am hoping for the best....
You can see how our garden is laid out in the following illustration (click to enlarge):
I really hope my basil turns out...

2 comments:
You must really like okra- yech.
that was me, Lloyd actually LIKES okra. yech.
Post a Comment