Clay's appointment went well on Thursday. We finally got to Pensacola about 10 minutes later than planned. I had to drop off Carter and Vivi at a friend's house and go from there. But because of that I had to go to Pensacola a different way, miscalculated my time and by the time we got there we were late. On top of that, the information desk sent us to the EXACT OPPOSITE end of the hospital, only for us to have to come back because they had sent us to the wrong place. I hate being late, I was sweating bullets by the time we showed up at the lab.
Luckily, they were running behind and were nice enough that they didn't mind me being late.
They hooked Clay's arms up to two electrodes that stimulated his sweat glands (top picture) and left them on for 5 minutes. Then, they put little collection device (bottom picture) on his arm, taped rubber gloves over them (to make them 'airtight' and induce more sweating) for 30 minutes.
By the time we went down to the cafeteria and grabbed some lunch, we were done. Clay sweated (sweat, swatted?) like a champion. But before we left the hospital, he wanted to go to the 2nd floor and see the newborn babies.
I love that the hospital there has a newborn viewing area. I remember when I was sick and in the hospital a lot as a child that my parents used to pull me in the red wagon to look at the newborn nursery everyday. The nurseries are really becoming outdated with couplet care being the new norm (Which I am definitely a fan of). But I still love looking at those babies and I need a baby fix every now and then. So I'm glad it's there.
Clay said, "They look like pretend babies, but they're real!"
I'm so glad he likes them as much as I do.
We grabbed a quick game of Foosball and headed back to pick up Carter and Viv.
I believe the test results will be back this coming week. Also, the pancreatic insufficiency test should be available this week too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, that's a long day for you and Clay. How sweet that he wanted to see the babies. Thinking of you guys this week, I hope that you don't have to wait on results too long!
Post a Comment