My Dear Vivian,
You're two today! Normally, I am dreading this age and I'm sure in a few months I will be eating these words. But I am so excited for you to experience all that is "two"! You will learn so much and have so much fun this upcoming year. You'll learn to use the potty, use full sentences and count. You'll outgrow bibs, and become a Popsicle superstar. At 'just now two', you still a little messy through meals, speak in two word phrases. But, you are so close to mastering so many little things. It's amazing and humbling that I notice these things with you, where as with your brothers, I was so overwhelmed I didn't have as much time to soak in the little moments.
You would think that I would be more overwhelmed this time since I have three kids now, but I'm not. I've been able to enjoy your infanthood so much.
You are the perfect mix of princess and tomboy. You are very rough and tumble and love to wrestle with daddy and the boys, but today on your birthday, you picked out a bright pink pettiskirt to wear.
You love, love, love dirt and sand. In fact, if you're wearing just bloomers or shorts, you will shove rocks and dirt into your diaper....you know, for convenient storage.
You have such a wonderful smile and laugh, but you are very stingy with it. We have yet to get nice pictures of you smiling, since you've worked so hard on perfecting your skeptical scowl.
You are a great eater, not picky, but with a sweet tooth. You love animals, and friends, and ice cream and anything little kids are supposed to enjoy. Everything is exciting and fun and your attitude is so infectious. All of us, including your brothers, can be instantly transformed into a better mood when you make us laugh. You are silly, and quite the comedian at home. Shy around new people, but that has gotten much better. You used to burst into tears when the old folks at the commissary would stop and talk to you. Now, you just furrow your brow, reach, and say, "Mommy...."
You love to pretend to count, or pretend to sing your ABCs. You can use two words at a time. "Mommy, help!", or "Bailey, eat.", or "kitty, ow!", "Daddy, look!", "juice, please."
You love your bitty baby (who we call big baby, since she is bigger than your other dolls) and caring for her. You love the color purple, and can easily identify it. In fact, in the recent Pottery Barn catalog, you picked out some beautiful purple 'big girl' bedding. Don't get ahead of yourself, dear. You're no where near a big girl bed.
You like to draw and have really incredible fine motor skills for your age. You are finally talking more, but your pronunciation needs some work. Mostly, only Daddy and I can understand you. But you sure know what you are saying!
You love to talk on the phone, or pretend to, and use your play kitchen and make me coffee. You love to help feed the animals and watch Sesame Street.
You are still the biggest of all my kiddos. You weigh a whopping 28 pounds (more than Carter at 3.5 years) and are almost as tall as Clay. You wear one shoe size and one clothes size smaller than Clay. You are catching up fast and am afraid you will have both of the boys passed up in the next 3 years. You must have put all your growing effort into weight and height since you still just have baby wisps of hair. You are starting to get some at the nape of your neck and it is very thin, yet coarse, yet kind of curly. I can't decide what to make of it. Maybe by your next birthday we'll see what it will look like! You're so wonderful and sweet. I love you big girl!
Love,
Mama
If you want to reminisce:
To read Vivian's 1st birthday click here, and here
For Vivian's Birth Story click here and for her newborn pictures click here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment