Saturday, June 21, 2008

In the grand scheme of things...it doesn't matter because I'M PREGNANT!

The movers broke our crib. They broke the crib I spent months and months researching and looking at and deciding that I wanted, the crib that perfectly matches the other pieces of furniture in Carter's room. At first I wasn't to upset about it because I knew they were responsible and it was their job to somehow get us the same crib. It wasn't my problem, I just had to hope that Carter was going to do okay in a pack'n'play for a few more weeks. I found out that now...it IS MY PROBLEM. They're going to just cut us a check for the value we declared and it's our job to get a crib over here. Granted, the Koreans have cribs, the bx has some cribs. BUT THEY'RE NOT THE RIGHT ONES! What luck when we found OUR CRIB in the bx catalogue..only to be followed by a disclaimer "can only be shipped to CONUS addresses". But, we're smart and we asked the bx if they could special order it for us and the Korean guy said it would take 30 months. 30???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? My stomach fell out of it's rightful place an onto the floor of the bx, and someone had to call for a cleanup. Just kidding, but seriously. In the grand scheme of things, does it matter that Carter won't have matching furniture and his room will look like his mother must have had some serious issues with decorating that Martha Stewart herself wouldn't even pity? No...but that doesn't matter right now because I'm a hormonal pregnant woman and the only thing that occupies my mind ALL DAY is baby stuff. And if I have to get a second rate crib in a different color than that will be what is one my mind ALL DAY until we get him new furniture when he's like...a teenager. Granted I can get this new baby the SAME COLOR second rate furniture...A plus right?
Luckily, holding back some tears we found a Korean lady that spoke better English and asked her the same question. She told us it would take 3 months, not 30 and I feel a lot better about the situation. In fact I'm quite happy with it now. But, what if we didn't have a brand from the bx that they could order? What about people to come who's cribs will break and then they will be pregnant and cry over the fact that their life is ruined, like I almost had to. I want to run to the top of S. Korea and yell to all mommies out there, "I hope you have a brand of baby furniture that the bx sells in case the movers break it on your way here! If not, get one because there are not enough jars of Kosher Dill Pickles to make this better."







**I just want to add that we (me and my familiy) are extremely fortunate people with a roof over our heads and plenty to eat. We have a lot to be thankful for. I just wanted to point out that sometimes no matter how grateful of a person you are...being pregnant sometimes makes mountains out of mole hills...omg, kind of like Korea.

No comments: