But we all know the military doesn't ever let you take the easy way out. If it were up to me, they'd load me and my family on stretchers, start IVs, start us on some fentanyl and versed and we'd wake up when the whole thing was done. But, then we wouldn't get to 'experience' traveling to Korea. But really, it's something I could have gone my whole life without experiencing. Not coming to Korea, just the 'getting there' part. I think every woman should experience motherhood, best friends, a bikini wax, and a full body massage....not 'traveling to Korea'. I'm sure the fact that I watched that little map thingy on my tv screen (you know-the one that shows you where you are on the globe?) the WHOLE TIME. I didn't even watch a movie - I take that back, I watched 30 minutes of Definitely, Maybe. I'm pretty sure that subconsciously I was afraid we'd make a wrong turn and end up back in the states somehow. The fact that for a long time I kept thinking, "Oh my God, if there's an emergency, the closest land mass is STILL Alaska, we'd have to GO BACK!" was clue I had lost it.
Carter cried a lot, he ate alot, he slept some. He kicked the seat in front of him a lot. How do you explain to an 18 month old, "Please stop that! The poor man in front of you might kill mommy when we land. Don't you love me enough to stop it? You don't know it now, but you would TOTALLY miss me!"
We picked up our stinky-poop covered-howling-scared-to-death-110 lb-monster at customs and somehow made it into our vehicle and on to base (thanks to our LOVELY sponsors!)
We spent the next 8 days getting over jet lag. (The dog is still not adjusted)
I'm hoping by this next weekend things will slow down and we can get back on a routine. I'm not sure if Carter's new found aggression is from being an 18 month old boy or the fact that his entire life has been flipped upside down. I'm sure the new baby thing will go over REALLY well then in Dec then, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment