The first day (after my appointment) we were successful in finding a dining room set that we both liked at the Yongsan furniture store. Woohoo! That will be here in about a week.
We hung around the post and enjoyed the DHL's massive playground and ice cream shop the first evening. Cory had a massage and I had a facial the next morning (I pleaded for a massage but they wouldn't touch me in my 'condition'.)
We took a taxi to Dongdaemun Market (a big shopping district). What it's probably known best for here among the wives is the 5 story fabric building. It's almost indescribable. Every floor has hundreds of 'stalls' (approx 5x7 closets) full of fabric, buttons, beads, feathers, ribbon, and sewing materials. Each one sells something a little different. You can buy fabric for anything from quilts to jeans, curtains, jackets, fine evening gowns, baby clothes, bags, sweaters, and anything else you would use fabric for. Some stalls have thousands of beads and crafts, while others have rolls and rolls of lace or feathers. Here is a small sample of some of the aisles:
At one point we spotted a restroom and I figured I should go while I had the chance. While I expected the hole-in-the-floor- potty, what I didn't expect were men and women eating kimchi at the sink. Yes, it was a ladies bathroom and yes, there were men in there, and yes, you read that correctly, they were eating kimchi at the sink.
We also visited the Doota! mall that has 8 floors of fashion! I can't wait to go back when I can actually fit into something other than maternity clothes. We did buy some winter hats for Carter and me:
We ate dinner in Itaewon at Sortino's, a very authentic Italian restaurant, and it was nice to pretend we were in America for an hour.
On Sunday we traveled to the COEX mall for their giant aquarium. Carter had a blast but had a hard time sharing any of the exhibits. Anytime another child would approach the same case he was looking at he would try and push them away with a "No! Mine!"
1 comment:
Cool, Carter has a Cousin Eddie hat!
Post a Comment