I know that I've really only been on official "modified bed/take it easy as much as you can" rest for less than a week, but in my husband's vocabulary that translates into "grounded and hostage inside my own dirty house." Cory's a very busy person and works harder than most everyday and I can't even tell him how appreciative I am of that. However, when it comes to household cleanliness we have different 'comfort levels' of dirty.
Cory theoretically has the right idea, we have an ajima come once a week and as long as dishes are getting cleaned every now and then and the trash isn't overflowing, then the house is clean. He knows that all the other things "can wait". I agree with him...in theory...but he's not the one watching the dust settle on the TV screen or seeing the layer of grime build up on the counters. And I know I can't ask him to keep the house as clean as I would, that's not fair...but it's driving me nuts being held captive here and not even being able to clean it!
I'm not pleading with him to come home and clean it, I'm pleading with him to let ME clean it!
And I really just want one trip to E-mart and few to the bx to finish Carter's birthday and Christmas shopping, I swear I'd be happy. Maybe let me go check the mail?
Countdown until Stork's Nest: 7 days
until my parents arrive: 13 days
until Carter's Birthday: 27 days
until my official due date: 35 days
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Household Hints for the Guy on the Go. First, throw laundry on the floor. Walk on it all week. Pick up and wash at week's end. Boom! No vacuum. Second, let dog lick all plates then wash. (Do not forget second part of this one.) Boom! Cuts wash time in half. Dog Fed. No kibble all over the kitchen. Third, give Carter one of those air cans for cleaning computer and turn him loose on all dust. (Please supervise) All dust lands on dirty laundry on floor. Do you get the hang of it? Bachelor Multi-tasking can be fun and practical.
If all else fails, schedule domestic assistance for more than once a week. Let me know if she accepts gift cards, I need to get you something for Christmas anyway.
You know what's funny? How you change when you become a parent...do you even remember what our dorm room used to look like?!?!?!? HORRENDOUS to say the least!! haha
BTW, does your little cleaning lady actually wear a uniform?
Post a Comment