Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I must have been a really bad teenager

....because that is the only reason I can come up with for why my children misbehave BEFORE THEY EVER ENTER THE WORLD!

I'm actually so tired of this baby not deciding on which way he would like to be difficult that I'm giving a quick synopsis of what's going on NOW

Good News: Because of the way my progesterone is administered, the fetal fibronectin test results cannot be relied on. They were thrown out and mean nothing. Somehow the Dr, two nurses, and I all forgot about this when they were taking the sample.

Bad News: Somehow between Monday morning and today (Wednesday afternoon) I started dilating and effacing. I have to go back to Yongsan on Friday. I'm also still contracting all the livelong day.

Semi-good news?: If I can make it the 12 DAYS to 36 weeks gestation they are going to send me to the storks nest on the 24th. However, by the phone call I had with the sergeant who's in charge of this it won't be without a fight. because "We only take you at 38 weeks".

"Well my Doctor wants me there at 36."

"But we only take women at 38 weeks."

"I'll have doctor's orders"

"But we only take women at 38 weeks."

After a lengthy discussion he is going to try and call the doctor himself and ask her. Because I MUST BE A BIG FAT LIAR AND WANT TO LIVE IN A SMALL ROOM WITHOUT MY FAMILY 1-3 HOURS AWAY AND POSSIBLY BE CUT IN HALF TO REMOVE A HUMAN BEING WITH THE CHANCE MY HUSBAND WONT BE THERE. IT'S ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, REALLY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You're the gazillionth person to have problems with the storks nest guy. Someone needs to egg his house, the little twerp.

The World According to Uncle D said...

Military regulations exist for the sake of people who have nothing to say. It gives them something to quote. Just ask for the supervisor or the Officer in Charge. Basically, if the decision isn't made by a Chief or a Colonel, it is always a grey area. The book is simply a guideline for standard behavior. Seeing as little Javier (Since you fail to make your choice public, I will use a good old Tejas name) is bound and determined to make a noticeable entrance to the world, The book cannot apply in this case. I am sure the doctor will sell the situation. If not, Cory probably knows the guy who can make things happen personally. Wing commanders are like presidents or shall I say benenvolent dictators of small countries. I think they actually enjoy smoothing out the ruffles in serious situations since 90% of their day is usually taken up dealing with situations they shouldn't be troubled with. Taking care of his people should be number one on his hitlist. I am sure it is in your case. I wouldn't be surprised if you got an even earlier trip to the Stork's Nest. If that doesn't work, keep us posted as Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn are but a phone call away.

Anonymous said...

GOD... I MISS YOU! I wish I could be with you helping along the way. LOVE!