It's pretty comical to hear him talk about school and the things he does. On his first day I asked him what they had done and he talked about having a snack and that they didn't paint and that they had circle time. When I asked what 'circle time' was he replied very sarcastically and complete with an eye roll, "Mom, how do you NOT know what circle time is?"
Well, I guess I'll wikipedia it next time before asking...
He talks about how they have to wait in line to wash hands, that you always have to share toys and that one day during snack time his buddy Ollie told him he had a milk mustache.
He always has a lot (of interesting things) to say when I pick him up.
Right now we have him enrolled in the Part Day Enrichment at the CDC here on base, which is more like a glorified daycare setting, but since Carter will be in preschool for 2 years because of how his birthday falls, we are okay with that for now. They focus on things like sharing and behaving and making friends and sitting still and those are things Carter needs to be strong at before we can put him in an academic setting. We're thinking that next year ('11-'12) we will enroll him somewhere a little more academically challenging. There is a big church right off base (well, even though 'right off base' means 20 miles away) with a preschool program that I have heard good things about. But right now, we have plenty of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment