Sunday, June 7, 2009

6 Months

Clay turned 6 months, oooh, almost a month ago. (Sorry, that's what you get for being second born) and while he's still such a stinkin cutie, and such a good baby, he has been awfully fussy this month. We're on week two of nonsensical crying. I'm attributing it to teething, but really in parenting terms that means "My kid is driving me crazy with all of this crying and I don't know what the heck is going on."
Clay isn't cringing as much when he hears Carter's voice and he's rolling over really well. We just started rice cereal and baby food and he seems to be a big fan. I have been trying to wean him slowly off the bottle to just the "goods" and solid food. I had these grand ideas of solid food making my life easier this time around, because I could get rid of the supplements (or most of them). But, now he just wants all three. This kid now eats all day. After nursing, he then wants solids and then he still wants the bottle. I feel like we're back to when he was a month old when all I did was feed him for hours each day. At least this time he's gaining weight (LOTS OF IT!)
Clay's about 17 pounds (1 pound lighter than Carter at a year old) and such a joy to have here. He's so smiley and pleasant and I'm just so glad he doesn't talk back yet. :)

5 comments:

Deborah said...

My sweet Carter talks back? I'm sure that is a lie!

Tori said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

We have the best looking Grandchildren

Stef Luedtke said...

I love Carter's undies and Man vs. Wild in the background!! Your kiddos are precious

Noel said...

Lauren! You have the cutest children. They are precious. I enjoy catching up on your blogs and seeing how your family is blossoming.