Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nothing

I'm sorry for the scattering of posting I've been doing lately. But really nothing has been going on over here.
Carter's working on mastering a smart mouth (which I'm trying to nip in the bud with a new book I'm reading) and Clayton's just...himself.
We're stuck in what my friend calls "Default Days". Here in Osan when you ask, "What have y'all been doing?" everyone usually has the exact same answer.
"Oh, you know, I went to the bx, let the kids play in the playground thing, we stopped by the commissary, checked the mail, had a dr's appointment - and waited for an hour - then we went off base to pick up something we ordered this weekend."
So, instead of saying that several times everyday, they just say. "It was a default day (or D-day)."
And everyone knows what you did.
But I think what it really is for me is that nothing compares to my trip to the states in a few weeks. Everything else seems pretty small and insignificant these days.
Unlike a few people I know, I plan on posting a TON while in the states. Just to make all you leftover Osanites drool with envy.
Don't you like that I called y'all leftovers? And that I wanted to make you drool with envy? I am SUCH a good friend.
In just a few short weeks I will be posting about Target! and Walmart! and Chick-fil-a! I might write a whole post about how the US smells!

You just wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you using the book to whack him? :)

~Jenny

Anna said...

WHATEVER! I have tons of posts just brewing in my head. Genius takes time, you know.