Saturday, December 20, 2008

At a loss

This was my first week without all of my 'help'. My parents left on Monday evening and Cory had already been back to work for several days. The actual getting through the day was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I was able to get everyone up and dressed and go to several play groups and meetings througout the week.
We did encounter a different, more serious problem though.
Carter vamped up his biting and hitting efforts, added hair pulling and pinching and lots of people fell victim to it this week. He bit or hit at LEAST one other child at every playgroup we went to andd at my breast feeding support meeting I think he bit three different people. None of this includes the tens of times he hits me or pulls my hair during the day. I don't say this lightly about my child, but he's a bully. He's a small, mean bully.
It'd be one thing If I could just wait for this stage to pass (hopefully it's a stage?) and hole up here in the house, but here in Osan my only escape and my only friends are at playgroup and BFSG. I don't have any other outlets so it's pertinent that we stop the behavior for everyone's sake!
We actuallly have a lady with a PhD in Early Childhood Development who can come and assess the problem, offer strategies and if need be, refer you to a specialist (In cases of developmental problems). She's coming on Tuesday and I can't wait for her to get here.
Like I told Cory, I don't care if I have to do the hokey pokey 4 times every morning before we leave the house if that's what stops this crazy stuff. Whatever works....

On a happier note, after weeks of supplementing and pumping, Clayton stated gaining weight and the last 3 days we've been weaning him off of the supplements (per Dr. orders of course) If his weight check is good on Monday we'll be completely done with supplements and he'll be just on the breast. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's probably pretty hard to get a new baby brother that gets a lot of attention, and you can't even smack him around a little, poor guy.

And three injuries is about average for BFSG, so he's probably not actually a bully. I would get a little nervous if he starts setting the dog on fire, though.