These last few weeks of your 1st year have been really hard on everyone (including you.) You are so smart and curious and you let your emotions lead you. You care about everyone (especially the dog - we can't even punish her without you being upset) and I love that about you.

Your daddy and I are astonished at what you are learning every day. You're saying up to 10 new words a day and drinking from a big boy cup at meals.

You're very good at following directions (when you feel like it) and you kiss everything with a face on it goodnight before bedtime. I love that this year you learned to say 'I love you'.
You're very thrilled that we've been opening presents a lot lately and it's hard to explain to you that we can't open anymore until Christmas.
We moved across the world this year and the transition was tough for you. You went from being the oldest kid in the group to the youngest.
You tried establishing your dominance by biting, but we've mostly nipped that in the bud.
You love to color and can draw almost perfect circles. You know all of your shapes and primary colors and can count to three.
You can build towers with blocks or groceries taller than yourself and love to help cook and "fix" things with your tools. You can do all the dances to the "Wiggles" and motions to "If You're Happy and You Know It".
Even though we've added a new member to our family this year, you will always be my first born, my baby, and have a very very special place in mine and your daddy's hearts. I love you more than the world.
Love,
Mama
3 comments:
I cant believe it is his birthday again! I miss you guys so much after talking to you last night! Email me your address so I can send my godson some presents!
Lauren,
You need to preserve this in print and give it to Carter when he is grown. Not that he won't appreciate you more and more as time goes on, but as a means of reminding him of what a special family he is a part of. The sacrifices you guys are making together as you all are sacrificing and serving our country should give him a sense of pride along with the rest of you.
It is amazing how some Mother's go there entire lives relying on Hallmark to say the sweet things that matter to kids most.
Little late reading that one....TEARS!!:)
Post a Comment