The older boys rode in the back and watched Finding Nemo the whole way there, and the babies rode in the captain's seats.
We had another friend (who has yet to have any kiddos) come with us and wow, was she a huge help! Just to have an extra set of hands was awesome!
Lucky us, she was able to hold a pee cup for the older boys when we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405. Ha!
We looked at a bunch of neat things on the first floor - and then broke for an outside picnic on the grass. Afterwards we finished the 2nd floor, drove to a chick-fil-a (where I stocked up!) and we made it home in a mere 4 hours!
(Traffic in LA was not kind to us.)
These were the lorikeets. You could buy a tiny cup of nectar (for $3) and they would drink it out the cup. They were flying around like crazy and even running into things. (Like the back of my head!)
Clay really, really really enjoyed the aquarium! He loved watching all the fish and would point and grunt and get very excited! I didn't take any more pictures of the fish other than this for two reasons. One, I think it's kind of dumb to take pictures of fish or animals at a zoo or aquarium. Are you really going to look back and say, "Aw man, remember that fish that looked just like every other fish in every other aquarium we've been to?" No one's going to ask to see pictures of the fish you saw at a random aquarium either. And two, In Finding Nemo, when the divers take pictures of Marlin, it causes him to loose Nemo because he's temporary blinded. I'd hate to cause that mess all over again.
1 comment:
Seriously?! I live over the Vincent Thomas bridge and you are at my house!!!! We need to get together...I could always drive out your way too...or we could meet in the middle...I dont' know what's in the middle but we could meet there!! : )
Post a Comment