There's a lot of heat surrounding the Duggar family these days. They just had their 19th baby, Josie, who was born at 25 weeks.
They're the topic of many a message board and yahoo news article (not to mention they have their own show on TLC!)
There's a lot of people that are angry, or who think that the Duggars are irresponsible, or crazy. But you know what? They're probably some of the most responsible people that live in this country.
You can think what you want, but at least hear the facts.
Yes, they have 19 children (and one grandchild!) But they live absolutely 100% debt free. How many Americans do you know that do that?
They built their entire GIANT, 7000 sq. foot house house by hand, and on their own dime. They don't even have a mortgage.
They have health insurance, and every single one of the family members is covered. They do not owe anything in medical costs either. This includes all of micro-preemie Josie's' medical costs.
When their oldest son got married, they (to put it in the mom's, Michelle's, words) cut the strings. She explained that he is his own man, and they firmly believe in "Leave and cleave". How many American parents still support their 20-30 something year old children?!
They home school all children, include many aspects of their faith and have proven that their methods are successful!
Their 3 oldest children who are old enough to work, are successful people!
And she is such a calming presence. You never see her yell or lose patience, but she is calm and understanding, even with 19 kids!
While I don't feel that I'm fit to have such a large family, really who can fault them for doing what they believe is right? What is wrong with how they are living their life?
I think they're an inspiration, not only to Christian families, but to anyone who wants to run a happy, close knit, frugal home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen, sistah. I find the Duggar family very inspiring. I know lots of other people who do too. What a better place the world would be if MORE people were like them/
I happen to really like the Duggar family. They have good values and their children are well behaved. I, with one child, yell...alot....something I am not proud of but have been working on. I admire this family. While 19 kids is ALOT, it works for them! Like you said, debt free...not living on welfare! Nice post Lauren!
I completely agree with you!
As someone who strongly believes in every woman's inherent right to choose how many or how few children to have, I say, 'Go Michele'. Those who criticize her should shut their gobs and keep their opinions and their hands off her uterus.
HEAR HEAR!!!!
Post a Comment