Monday, March 29, 2010

Shots

**warning, this post may contains words like cervix and uterus, please do not continue if you don't want to hear about those parts of your daughter's (or daughter in laws) body.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, my ultrasound went great and the baby measured and looked great! I can't wait to watch the movie! (S)he had all the ribs, bones, chambers of the heart, kidneys, stomachs and bladders (s)he's supposed to have.
I had started to become a little worried since I can still fit into regular jeans (pretty comfortably) and don't look all too pregnant - unless it's at the end of the day and I've eaten a lot, then I kind of look pregnant.

I was somewhat convinced we were having a dwarf baby. Which, would totally be cool with me, but can you imagine Cory having a dwarf baby? That would seem like a weird cruel joke in some ways I think.

One thing the Dr did find (and I think it's so awesome that the perinatologist is the one who did my ultrasound. Right then and there, It gives me a lot more reassurance about the baby being totally on track!)
was that my cervix is measuring very short. Which, is not a super cool thing, and so they're going to measure it every two weeks and hope it doesn't get any shorter. If it does, I go on bed rest. Aaaand, I'm not really sure how that's logistically possible..but I guess we'll do our best right?
Also - don't lift anything over 15 lbs. Things that are over 15 lbs that I have to lift? CLAY. If he would get the MEMO already and please start walking, I think I could follow that rule for a good bit of the day. Too bad babies can't use fax machines, or e-mails or read. It makes sending them memos very difficult.

And, their last plan of painfulness, I will be taking 17p shots on a weekly basis. (Also known as progesterone) to help keep preterm labor at bay. I've been reading a lot of success stories with this stuff, and people who had micro preemies first, are having 36 weekers! I haven't read anyone making it to 40 weeks (which IS TOTALLY fine with me, I would just like 38 please!) people seem to be averaging around 36 and 37.
And actually 36 is a pretty good number too, and this shot will probably help get me there safely again! We are just trying to prevent baby coming any earlier than that!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your sentence containing the "17p" was alittle misleading. The first time I read it I thought it said that you would have to get 17 shots a week...which would be terrible. Glad it is only 1 a week.