This week hasn't been exciting and action packed (unless you live inside my uterus - which seems to be where the party's at 24 hours a day) but I thought a general update to all my fans (read: family) would be appreciated.
We've had gorgeous weather this week! It's been a little cooler with a constant breeze. The kids around here are soaking it in before school starts for them on Monday. In the evenings the playground (which is 20 feet from our back door - where everyone can see what I'm cooking for dinner or how often I'm beating my misbehaved child) has been packed full of kids. I'm talking in excess of 50 people here?!
I finally caught the boys who had been 'taunting' the dog through our balcony gate. I've seen them do it several times. I leave her inside during the commotion on the playground and these boys had been 'barking' at her and banging on the balcony rails. Meanwhile, she's going bezerk at them through the glass. I calmly reminded them that she doesn't know they're "just playing" and I would hate for her to feel defensive when people show up to pet her on the balcony everyday because she was afraid someone might hurt her.
One of my biggest pet-peeves is people who don't understand the responsibility of having a large dog. It's one thing if a little dog were to become mean or bite someone, or pull on a leash. But when you're a large dog owner you've signed up for taking full control and responsibility for them and their actions. Larger dogs are held to higher standards and if you can't control them, you shouldn't have them.
But I digress...
Carter has been behaving a little better these last few days. I'm really trying to interact with him more during the days instead of just trying to 'keep him busy'. Today (it's been rainy and windy) we took a long fun bath together and sorted shapes and watched and talked about a movie and read books and colored together and he REALLY liked it. The other day during the end of Barney (the I Love You song) he came and hugged me and gave me a kiss (which if you know my son, doesn't ever happen!) I was so touched, but afraid that it was a coincidence. But today, I looked him right in the eye and said, "I love you" and he stopped and signed "thank-you", then had a funny look on his face like "that's not right...but I don't know the sign for I love you too" so he just gave me a kiss! It has made my last few weeks of biting battles seem so insignificant. I just worry that the little progress we're making now will be futile once the baby comes. But, I'm trying to make a very conscience effort to enjoy and cherish the present instead of worrying about the future. I only have about 3 months left to enjoy Carter as an only child, and I want that to be special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment