We stayed at Sokcho Beach at a place called Good Morning Hotel.
We accidentally ended up in a traditional Korean eatery the first night. Which was good, because it's nice to experience things like that..but bad because I can't even stomach the SMELL of Korean food. Carter ended up eating some silly-putty balls that were supposed to be some kind of dessert. Cory ate a quail egg on accident and I ate a huge bowl of Seaweed soup. We tried to high tail it our of there without insulting the people and minus $60!
We spent Sunday morning at the beach. The sand was like a kazillion little beads, not like sand in the US. It was kind of weird at first because it didn't feel like sand but once we realized how easy it was to shake and dust off, I became a huge fan. In fact, I'm pretty sure we should have this stuff imported to the US. The beach was incredibly crowded. But I've heard that all of the beaches are. You literally have 6-8 inches between you and the person next to you (if you're lucky).
The waves were amazing. They were so big and rough. Little babies and old women alike all crashed and played in them. Carter was afraid after a wave knocked him down.
All of the people loved Carter. We heard, "He so cute, he so cute" a lot. We were stopped on the streets every 20 feet. They wanted to hug and kiss him. Carter was really shy but would occasionally give out a high five (which would send them into hysterical laughing fits!) They all wanted to know where we were from, and didn't seem satisfied when we answered Osan. We finally changed out answer to the US and then eventually Texas. That's what they were looking for.
We ventured to Seoraksan National Park and took a mini hike that afternoon.
We had tempura for lunch and the huz accidentally bit into a shrimp head. I've never seen that man spit anything out in my life. Hehe.
We found a decently western chicken place for supper.
It was a great escape and a fun adventure, but we were glad to get back to some Americanization yesterday.
1 comment:
I like Carter's "G-Diddy" do rag. He is growing so fast.
Post a Comment