So it seems that my kid is THAT kid. You know, the one who bites and hits and has to leave playgroup early and drives his mom to tears worrying that he or she will never have friends again? Yeah, that one.
Carter used to be so calm and happy playing with other kids. He's always been around other kids, so this can't be a transition thing. Is he angry? Is he just teething? If so, how does that explain the hitting?
And he doesn't just bite other kids, he bites whose ever flesh he sees. He bit a friend (another mom mind you) at playgroup and I was mortified.
He smacks everyone in the face (including me). But what's weird about it is that it doesn't just come with frustration. It seems as if he hits and bites for the heck of it!
What do you do for a baby who misbehaves for the heck of it?
I don't even give him warnings anymore. It's just straight into the crib.
But he doesn't care! He sits there until his time is up and then proceeds to 'do it some more'.
And I have read that toddlers don't really understand time out until they're between 2 and 3 anyway.
Nothing seems to do any good...
And I'm going to have two?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The mortification doesn't end when they stop the biting and smacking, sorry! I had someone over the other day and my three year old came out of the bathroom with no pants on and bent over with a poopy butt, about 6 inches from her face.
Conrats on baby boy #2!! You're looking quit cute and pregnant!
Please know, all moms share those very same thoughts at one point or another!!
Post a Comment