Monday, July 7, 2008

Everland

The huz was home all weekend (including Monday) and we were able to enjoy some quality fam time together without having to worry about traveling too much. Our car was ready to be picked up on Friday so we traveled to Yongsan and picked it up and then drove home. On the way we stopped by Everland. I'd say it's in between SixFlags and Disney Land, closer to the Disney Land side. We went ahead and bought season passes (the kids are free!) so we can go anytime we want. A lot of families go in the evening even after work to watch the fireworks at night. We could barely get in the gate before Carter knew he had arrived at the place of his dreams. He squealed with delight and ran from fountain to fountain, touched and hugged all the character statues, and smelled all of the flowers he could reach.



To finally get into the park, we had to convince him to get into the stroller. The perfect accomplice: a 3 ft. long churro



We only made it into the 'zoo' section and had a blast. They had a room full of birds that flew around and ate out of your hand, a room full of baby chicks you could hold, baby bears, baby tigers you could pet and any other animal you could think of. It was kind of strange that the animals weren't in their 'natural habitat - far away from humans, etc.'. They were all 'on display' mostly and there for our enjoyment. I know not as great for the animals, but what's neat is that the Korean kids that are able to touch and hold these animals are so much kinder and polite to these animals than any US kid would be. I kept thinking that there's no way we could have animals this close to Americans, we would feed them trash, throw stuff at them, kids would step on them, etc. That wasn't the case here.




Not to mention I learned that fish speak Korean. No wonder we can't understand them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope you put that baby chick in your pocket and brought him home with you. If not you and i are going to have to have a little talk! looks like you guys had a good time!

Anonymous said...

If I could have, I would. I would have then put him in a box with little holes and shipped him to you.

Anonymous said...

treasure these times. I wouldn't go back overseas, but I definitely am thankful for my time there. the United States of America is now and always will be the greatest country as long as we are not afraid to venture outside and see the rest oof the world. I had a profoud appreciation for home after a year or two. As far as how American kids would have treated the animals, it all depends on their upbringing. You don't mention stomping any, so I have to assume you were brought up to respect animals and the property of others. Believe me, Korea and every other country has little buttheads with no respect for anything. they just sitck out here becuase we have quit beating the hell out of little jerks in public.

Anonymous said...

lol, I guess that's true.