I made chicken and dumplings tonight. I don't have 'quite' the right pan for it, but I've made it several times in a deep boiler that we have. I usually just have 2 layers of dumplings on top and the cover cooks them through. While my mom was visiting once in Tucson she made the dumplings in a large shallow pan. Since we were having company over I wanted to make more dumplings, so I tried to cook them in the shallow pan I saw my mom make them in. Long story short, somehow I ended up using the whole box of chicken broth and the dumplings and chicken still burned to the bottom of the pan. There was no "yummy dumpling goo" or tender chicken. Just, some mushy breaded, burned mess.
Luckily my husband (and guest) were gracious enough to have seconds....
As for me, I ate 3 or 4 bites and pitched the rest.
I just kept thinking in my head, "I'm so glad my mom's not here to see this debacle, she'd be so embarrassed."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your dumpling incident.I would guess that the burner was too small in relation to the pan, causing an uneven heat distribution.
And you know me too well - had I been there - I would have stopped you from serving them.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment