Since Carter, I've only been able to imagine myself with boys. From the day he was born I began seeing mud and dirt and bugs and finding cooked critters in the dryer that had been hiding in little pockets. I think about if I should ever let my boys grow their hair long or how the whole girlfriend thing is going to go. I think about how Cory will take them camping and fishing and to see scary movies. And, I've been okay with all of that...because it's what's always been in my head. And even when I think about having a girl, I imagine her to act and look just like Carter, just with pigtails.
But, for some reason lately I've decided that I need at least one girl. There are some things that only a mother and daughter can share. I want to put her hair in bows and take her to ballet class. I want to share the things I loved as a little girl with her. I want us to get our nails done and I want her to call me every 3 hours when she's a mom, lost in the 'fog' of new motherhood. I want to be the 'mother of the bride', not always the 'mother in law' to all duaghters I may gain.
While I think this one's another boy (or well- I'll be really surprised if it's a girl) I'm pretty sure I'd like to have a girl, one day.
Until that happens though, here's the commercial that makes me laugh out loud (out of fear) when I envision myself with all boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm the same way--after having a girl, I can't imagine myself with a little boy! But at the same time, the thought of all girls scares me...
Post a Comment